"This King, full of mercy and goodness.. Embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands. He converses and delights Himself with me incessantly.. And treats me in all respects as His favorite."
-Brother Lawrence

Monday, March 5, 2012

My life is a constant struggle, a battle of my will.
Every decision, every action, every word
is a product of the motivation of my heart.
The motivation of a fragile, broken heart.
I want a pure heart.
I have the number for a counselor
who specializes in dealing with self-destruction.
Most of me wants to call her,
sort these issues out for good..
But there is still a part of me
that likes the comfort of a broken heart.
Something inside of me still hates me,
and I hate to admit it, but when it matters,
that part is almost always stronger.
I am more than a conqueror.
I am not defined by an eating disorder.
I am not defined by a weak heart.
I am not defined by my job.
I am not defined by the mistakes I have made.
I am not defined by my friends, my family or my enemies.
I am defined by Jesus Christ crucified.
I am a pure and spotless offering before my God.
I am no longer forsaken,
I am no longer desolate,
I am called Hephzibah,
I am the delight of the King of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment