"This King, full of mercy and goodness.. Embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands. He converses and delights Himself with me incessantly.. And treats me in all respects as His favorite."
-Brother Lawrence

Monday, March 5, 2012

The lamb said “Shh” and I yelled.
The lamb held out his hand
and I broke every bone there with my grip,
because I didn't believe I would be safe.
The lamb promised beautiful
and I covered myself in dirt.
the lamb said “this much”
and I drove the nails.
The lamb held me in my sleep
and I curse his name as I woke.
He loves. he loves. he loves.
I am holding his heart already.
And I am learning
that I can be sustained on his blood alone,
that I can give my own hear to him.
The lamb said “Shh” and I yelled,
so he made the world around me
louder so I could obey.
-Kristin Laub

No comments:

Post a Comment