"This King, full of mercy and goodness.. Embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands. He converses and delights Himself with me incessantly.. And treats me in all respects as His favorite."
-Brother Lawrence

Friday, February 11, 2011

Throw anything at me. If it hurts I won't show you. If I need you I won't tell you. I'm so used to being an island. These walls are a part of me now, and nothing can get past them. I'm so close to breaking but I won't be found in pieces, no one gets to see me cry. No one touches my heart. Have my body, have my time, have my constant thought.. But you'll never have my heart, there's too many secrets hidden away in there, too much aching and longing and far too much desire.
I'm waiting for the fog to lift.
I'm waiting for the phone call.
I'm waiting for a savior.

3 comments:

  1. So, maybe you are at the point of salvation. It is only when we realize our sheer inability to save ourselves, or ever ever ever deserve the gracious gift of salvation, that we can come to an honest doorway into His unmerited salvation. His gift to us. His mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may He wrap you in his arms of love and mercy and grace. may you know His presence like you never have before. may it resonate deep within you that you are never too far gone, the walls are never too high or too deep. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have to be emotionally stripped before Christ, even though He already knows we are hurting. Angels are keeping count of the tears we shed, but there's something more valuable in falling on your face before the Saviour and repeating "I believe that you're my Healer. I know that You are mighty to save. I believe in you O Lord. I believe."

    Many blessings,
    Jamie Nicole
    foreveryourimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete