"This King, full of mercy and goodness.. Embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands. He converses and delights Himself with me incessantly.. And treats me in all respects as His favorite."
-Brother Lawrence

Friday, May 28, 2010

So Good, so, so Good to me.

Recently I've been spending time meditating on the goodness of God. It's a seriously uplifting activity.
Over the past few weeks I've been going through some things that have been really painful and hard on my heart and amongst it all, I seem to have found myself turning around, back to God and trusting that He holds every situation and every circumstance in His hands.
Often it's not easy to turn to Him with a broken heart. In the past I've found that when I'm hurting the first thing I do is hold God responsible for my pain and give Him no opportunity to do His good work.. But this time, in my going back to Him and offering Him my situation, He's had the chance to pour out His love onto me, to remind me that He is sovereign and good and abundantly faithful, even when people are weak.
I've heard over and over again, His whisper to my soul to "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) and when I am still in His presence, He touches my heart and brings healing.
I think we can often forget about this attribute of God when we're going through trial. We get into a mindset that the Lord is an angry God who delights in punishing us and bringing us pain, when this is completely untrue! He is always waiting for us to turn back and give Him our hearts so He can pour out His goodness and set us free! He is faithful in our trail and He is faithful in our joy. He will never stop being faithful and He will never stop being abundantly good to His people; it's just who He is! What a refreshing thought!
I'll leave you with a couple of verses that have been stirring my heart in regards to the goodness and faithfulness of God.
"If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13
"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you O Lord have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling." Psalm 116:7&8
Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment